- qtQT Cabins
- Venues & Events
By Larissa Klerck
It seems that the festivities just keep on coming! It’s no secret that after Christmas everyone wants to detox and start saving money again but I think we Gold Coasters forget that January is actually one of the busiest months of the year in way of events! We’ve already had Single Fin, Racelandia and the Magic Millions Polo. Still to come is Australia Day, Chinese New Year and of course, the 2017 Jeep Magic Millions Raceday – this Saturday!. I think it’s best you save your detox til’ next month.
A post shared by adorneme (@adorneme) on
Now ladies and gents, you may already have your outfit planned out from head to toe (Kudos to you), but if not, here’s a few racewear trends and handy hints to ensure you look fly AF and feel amazing too:
- First things first, wear sunscreen! Weather experts are predicting a 35-degree day this Saturday so please incorporate slip slop slap into your outfit regime. After getting absolutely cooked in the sun on the weekend just gone, believe me when I say you don’t want to be laughing stock in the office on Monday.
- Girls, wedge it up! If you haven’t already had this epiphany, then now is the time. Wedges are a girl’s best friend when it comes to race days. Wearing wedges means no heels sinking into the turf and fewer stumbles after a few champagnes, gold!
- Cream is your friend, gents. Take it from Vogue who said that neutral linen tones and sandy shades were a dominant element of the tailored looks at Dries Van Noten, Alexander McQueen and Valentino at New York Fashion Week. A quintessential look for summer.
- Mini bags are so in right now and while some may cost you an arm and a leg, they make for an awesome colour pop to your outfit and you can keep all your race day essentials safely at your hip. My personal fave for mini bags at the moment is Furla who now have a super glam store at Pacific Fair!
- The comeback of the square! According to men’s magazine GQ, pinstripes are out and windowpanes and checks are in. Not only do windowpanes have a slimming effect but the popular pattern is totally suitable for race days. Also, a great choice for the chromatically challenged (guys who don’t know how to configure an outfit for the life of them) as they pair seamlessly with various types of shirts and ties.
- Statement earrings to take your outfit to the next level. Ladies don’t be afraid to experiment with different fabrics and materials. Awesome addition to your Magic Millions kit, but you’ll be surprised at how much use you’ll get out of them after, whether that means pairing them with a pair of jeans or adding some “joosh” to your favourite LBB.
A post shared by M.J. Bale (@mjbale) on
We can’t wait to see all of the glam ensembles at this weekend’s Magic Millions – on and off Fashions on the Field stage.
See you back at the Stingray Lounge for a post-race drink or two!
The Wedding of Canan & Ahmet Orcan
Welcome to a tale spun straight out of a fairytale and step into the magical…Fancy a little Broadway?
The Tony Award- and Olivier Award-winning musical Come from Away calls Home of the Arts…
QT SocialFeeling a little social? Follow QT
- Venues & Events