- qtQT Cabins
- Venues & Events
words by larissa klerck
Christmas means gingerbread and gingerbread means business. There’s a fine art to creating the perfect gingerbread and it’s really not as easy as it seems. If you love the glorious tastes and textures of baked goods but can’t for the life of you bake them yourself, you’re not alone!
Luckily for you, we had a chat to QT Group Chef, Justin Zammit about making a textbook batch of gingerbread.
A post shared by WeLovePugs (@cutestpugs_gram) on
Here’s a list of Chef Justin’s tips:
- For a longer lasting ginger man, woman or cookie; make sure you sift the flour, baking powder and bi-carb soda rather than just throwing it all.
- If you’re a fan of hard and crunchy gingerbread biscuits then try creaming the butter, sugar and egg before combining with dry ingredients. You can cream these ingredients using your hand or a mixer.
- “Rest really is best”. Once you have rolled out your dough, place it in the fridge for 1 hour. This gives the dough time to get a bit firmer.
- You don’t want your dough too wet or too dry. There needs to be a nice balance. That’s why it’s important to stick to the recipe that you’re going off and use the exact measurements that it tells you to.
- Know your oven! Firstly, it helps to know if your oven is gas, electric or convection as this affects where the heat is coming from and how it moves around in the oven. It’s also handy to know how long it takes to pre-heat. Every oven is different and this has the potential to ruin your gingerbread!
If you are dining in our Bazaar Marketplace and have any questions or need cooking tips, feel free to ask any of our friendly interactive chefs, they’d be happy to help (although some secrets must be kept e.g. how we get our macaroons so darn fluffy!)
Writing this has made me hungry, so I’m going to perve on the glorious gingerbread house currently sitting on the throne in Bazaar.
A post shared by Nicola Garone (@ngarone) on
The Wedding of Canan & Ahmet Orcan
Welcome to a tale spun straight out of a fairytale and step into the magical…Fancy a little Broadway?
The Tony Award- and Olivier Award-winning musical Come from Away calls Home of the Arts…
QT SocialFeeling a little social? Follow QT
- Venues & Events