- Venues & Events
Be a QT guest blogger & win the ultimate QT getaway
If you fancy yourself a bit of a jetsetter, queen of the resort, or travel addict with an itch to scratch, this is the competition for you.
When you book the QT Blogger package at QT Sydney over summer you will become an instant travel writer. After enjoying two nights of QT Sydney style, submit a review of your hotel experience (250 words will do) including photos, of course. The winning entry will get the chance to visit every QT resort and write a travel blog on each of them. Amazing prize, we know!
Simply book your QT Life Blogger, stay at the hotel between January 1st 2014 and 31st January 2014 and email your review (with photos!) to [email protected] by the 14th of February 2014. Entries will appear on qtsydney.com.au/qt-life lifestyle blog and the review with the most comments and ‘likes’ will soon be living it up at QT Falls Creek, QT Gold Coast and QT Port Douglas – it’s the ultimate QT Resort experience!
Full terms and conditions:
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry
into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any
other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of
the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family
means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether
natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt,
niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is QT Hotels and Resorts of Level 20, 227 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (ABN 23 140 595 624).
- All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent
or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify
consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release
will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and
forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone
number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases
will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory
How to enter
- All entrants must first book a QT Life package during the competition period and submit a short review of QT Sydney (maximum 250 words) plus accompanying photographs after your stay, as instructed on the QT Sydney website.
- To enter, email an original submission to [email protected]. Entries will be uploaded by the promoter to the QT Sydney website for public viewing and voting. Entries will be uploaded at the Promoter’s discretion and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries deemed inappropriate for the purpose of the competition.
- Entries must include all requested contact details and a 250-words-or-less review to
be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the
competition close date and time.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who
tampers with the entry process or who has not met the conditions of entry.
- Competition entrants under the age of 18 are advised that they must seek their
parent’s/adult guardian’s permission before entering the competition.
When to enter
- The competition commences on 09/12/13 at 09:00 AEDT and closes on 15/02/14 at
11. Eligible entries will be uploaded to the QT Sydney website for a public voting period. Each ‘like’ or comment on a review will count as one vote.
12. The winner will be the best valid entry with the most public votes at the end of the voting period on 28/02/14 at 17:00 AEDT. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
- The winners will be notified by phone and email by 04/03/14.
Prize on offer
14. Total prize value is (up to) $1998, as at 07/12/13. ONE (1) winner will receive:
- Two (2) nights’ accommodation at QT Port Douglas in a QT 1 Bedroom Villa, valued at up to $580
- Two (2) nights’ accommodation at QT Gold Coast in a QT King room, valued at up to $520
- Two (2) nights’ accommodation at QT Falls Creek in a 1 Bedroom Apartment, valued at up to $898
15. Accommodation must be taken over six (6) consecutive nights. Prize must be redeemed by 04/09/14, subject to availability. Block out dates apply.
16. Flights and transfers do not form part of this prize. The winner is fully responsible for transport to and from each QT Resort.
17. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional
prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the
prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The
Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their
prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
Further Terms and Conditions
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this
competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend
this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the
administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The
Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other
aspect of this competition.
19. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or
responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines,
computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical
problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss
(including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking
any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a
consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast
of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any
statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other
person; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer software or phone;
or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving
of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
20. All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers. Any such answers, cannot
be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the
Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the
designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be
returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration
regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves
the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has
reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other
improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
21. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to
substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a
condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of
the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no
compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
22. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided
when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release
or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide
proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address
and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of
identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion
of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will
forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be
a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
25. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding
on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No
correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected
entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the
exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s
nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated
agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes
damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
26. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the
property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries
received. QT Hotels and Resorts and its related entities collects entrants’
personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including
but not limited to determining and notifying winners) and for related purposes which would
reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may from time to time use
your personal information to provide you with information about products and services which
we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to direct us not to do
this if and when any future communication is sent to you by the Promoter. We do not sell
personal information to other organisations. We may disclose personal information to
essential service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services.
You may request access to your personal information contact us at [email protected] or by mail addressed to: Privacy, AHL, 49 Market Street, Sydney NSW.
27. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as
required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being
interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the
promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all
media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their
companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
28. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings
and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or
similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable
Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-
Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and
agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or
damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised
access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered,
damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that
stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or
(f) use of a prize.
Straight from the heart. QT Sydney Creative Culinary Director Sean Connolly gets candid about fatherhood.
We sat down with the dad of old-cool, QT Sydney’s Creative Culinary Director, Sean Connolly,…QTea, Sydney’s Most Decadent High Tea
You’re looking for decadence. Extravagance unleashed. Mouth-watering moments of more. Savouries, sweets, flutes of Perrier…
QT SocialFeeling a little social? Follow QT
- Venues & Events