- Venues & Events
Anna has been busy this month, scouring the country for shiny new treasures to add to our QTique collection in time for Christmas. Without further ado, we can’t wait to give you a sneak peek of what Anna has in store!
QT: We’re so excited to meet the newest additions. What do you look for when searching for one-of-a-kind pieces for QTique?
A: I fossick through design markets, seeking locally made, high quality, unique pieces. When seeking ‘one-of-a-kind’ pieces there is often a great backstory to the product.
QT: What is the secret to a truly memorable gift?
A: Something unexpected, and something that actually triggers a memory. QT hotels are all about having fun, and our guests always want to take a piece of this memory home with them. All of the pieces in both the shops, and in our rooms are curated, and the majority are handcrafted, using local talent. Each piece has its own story and is more than just a gift, it is a memory.
QT: What are your top 3 gifts for her this Christmas?
A: Our lines are designed to work for both ‘him and her’ from head (facial treatment sets and sunglasses) to toes (unisex socks). Even our lapel pins double up as a brooch!
1.Our ‘Life’s a Parade’ hand and body lotion made by Klein’s Perfumery | Vanilla Blossom + Coconut, 500ml. With a degree in cosmetic chemistry, Andrea Birnie has concocted sustainably sourced, palm oil free and vegan-friendly products in her Melbourne lab since 1993.
2. A curated guidebook to Indigenous Australia and the Torres Strait Islands. In its pages, respected Elder and author Professor Marcia Langton offers fascinating insights into Indigenous languages and customs, history, native title, art and dance, storytelling, and cultural awareness. There is also a directory of Indigenous tourism experiences organized by state or territory, covering galleries and festivals, national parks and museums, communities that are open to visitors, as well as tours and performances. This book is for everyone traveling around this fascinating country, who want to gain an insight into the culture that has thrived here for over 50,000 years, and enjoy tourism opportunities that will show you a different side of Australia.
3. For some downtime post-festivities, I recommend the Australian Native treatment set as featured on some of our QT mini-bars. Using locally sourced ingredients, this is a complete health & beauty set to detox, relax & rejuvenate. Includes a Body Scrub, Bath Soak & Clay Mask – and with at least four treatments per pack, January is looking very Zen.
QT: And for him?
1. Our rainbow cufflinks have been a great hit! They look great on any shirt and are really fun. Made of coloured enamel on a Silver Rhodium plated base, they are presented in a snazzy gift box and sure to please.
2. ‘Make the Capitol Great Again’ cap – designed by me and hand printed in Melbourne. We have already sold through our first run and the second is due in on 11th December so be quick! $25.00
3. Our unisex socks are bright and bold to add a summery note to your wardrobe. Crafted from combed cotton material and embossed with a luxurious 200 needle stitch, these socks are as high-quality as they are ridiculously stylish. Designed exclusively by our friends, the Brothers at OTAA.
QT: And finally, what is your go-to gift for that one person that has everything?
Political persuasions aside, the person who has everything, probably does not have a Donald Trump Rubber Duck, “making bath time great again!”
words by stephanie dempster and anna roberts.
Best CBR eats according to Executive Chef, Josh Smith-Thrikell
QT Canberra’s Josh Smith-Thirkell shares the best way to eat through 24-hours in the Capital. …How To Power Down In The Capital
Ringtone setting the wrong tone? Guests can now trade WiFi for the hi life at the first ever QT Digital Detox.
QT SocialFeeling a little social? Follow QT
- Venues & Events