- Venues & Events
When people think Toast Martinborough 2017, there are a couple of key things that come to mind. The crisp country air on a scorching so-close-to summer’s day, a plethora of delicious plates to fork and walk, and the abundance of new release and award-winning wines ready and waiting to fill your festival glass.
Hopefully, you saved your precious festival francs, Toast Martinborough 2017 is almost here.
All the above is a given when it comes to Toast Martinborough, but have you thought about how to make it your best festival yet? Do you have any idea what you’re going to wear or what essentials to take along for the ride?
Don’t worry. These Q’s are easily answered. So easy, in fact, that we’ve have taken the time to help you out with everything you need to know for the vino-soaked day of fun-in-sun.
It’s all in the prep. As if you’re taking on the desert at Coachella or rugging up for Glastonbury, here are a couple of items to pack for your day out in Martinborough:
- Sun smarts – We’ve all heard it – Slip, slop, slap and wrap. Sunnies, sunblock, SPF lip balm are essential, you want to be sharing your Toast experience over the water cooler Monday morning, bragging about how many vintage drops you tried and the live music you were dancing to all afternoon. Not explaining how you got the unfortunate tan lines and why you refuse to respond to your new nickname, Rudolph
- Money – Festival Francs will satisfy your hunger and your thirst and can only be exchanged with the real thing
- Your bloody ticket – This one may seem an obvious one, but when you’re caught up in the thrill of enjoying Martinborough. Your festival ticket provides you with the following:
- Wristband entry to the 2017 Toast Martinborough Wine, Food and Music Festival
- A tasting glass and lanyard
- A festival programme
- Access to hop on the free shuttle buses that circulate continuously around the festival circuit
Lads and ladies, dress to impress – Toast is guaranteed to provide some insta-worthy memories, whether you’re frolicking amongst the vineyards or a snapping a cheeky boomerang with the squad.
Or to an outfit which complements the accessory of a tractor…
With a backdrop like that, every snap will look gorgeous!
DURING THE FESTIVAL
Wineries – With 9 wineries to to spend the afternoon with, the word on the street is that there’s a vintage table and bubbles bar at Margrain Vineyard for the experts, 100% vegan wines at Tirohana Estate and organic wines at Vynfields, for the ethical drinkers and limited new release syrah and pinot noir at Luna Estate, for the trendsetters.
For something a little different, Dry River Wines is hosting ‘The Mistress of Classics’ for those who wouldn’t mind putting their blind tasting skills to the test.
Food – This year’s Toast serving up 50+ menu items, to satisfy your food and wine matching pleasure.
And if it’s anything to go by last year’s… *drool*
After an awesome day head back to The Square, the hub of the Festival, for local acts Steve Carlin and a boogie with The Beat Girls, before you make your way back to the city.
Everyone is invited.
Toast Martinborough 2017 will take place November 19 from 9:30am-7pm. Get your tickets here.
Live in Gallery Lounge: Burnt Sugar Jazz Quintet
Burnt Sugar is the latest jazz-funk group to take to the stage at Gallery Lounge,…Celebrity tattooist Lauren Winzer on mental health and normalising tattoos
Lauren Winzer is a bona fide tinseltown tattooist with some epic stories to share. Inking…
QT SocialFeeling a little social? Follow QT
- Venues & Events