- Rooms & Apartments
- Venues & Events
After a well-earned break, Hippopotamus at QT Museum Wellington has opened its fabulous doors once again.
We are pumped to be back and serving the most delectable French-inspired dishes we can muster.
The kitchen is buzzing with excitement and we are ready to kick off 2018 in truly delicious style. We are focused on making the most of our amazing Kiwi produce; fresh, fun and seriously fantastic is our motto. Not officially, but it’s definitely true.
The menu has had a couple of small adjustments but we are still serving up our top dishes in fine form. We aim to keep the regulars, and our new visitors happy!
We adore all our dishes, but we have some true favourites that we believe are not to be missed.
- Mon Sashimi – Salmon Sashimi My Way
- Le Chateaubriand – Prime Cut of Beef Fillet (500-600g) served with sides
- Opera Glacé – A Modern Twist On The Classic Opera Cake
An honourable mention goes to:
- Le Poisson Du Jour – Market Fish With Seasonal Garnish
- L’agneau “Rôti” – Sous Vide Lamb Rump, Braised Du Puy Lentils, Aubergine Caviar, Paprika Hummus, Labneh Yoghurt & Rosemary Jus
- Crêpes Suzette – Crêpes Flambéed In Orange Syrup & Grand Marnier Served With Vanilla Ice Cream
And don’t forget the to die for sides (these are just two of the many!):
- Pommes De Terre Lyonnaises – Bacon Fat Roasted Potatoes, Onion, Gypsy Bacon & Parsley
- Gratin Dauphinois -Traditional Potato Gratin With Gruyère Cheese
The great thing about Hippo is that it’s a lovely mix of fine dining and comfort. We know that everyone has individual tastes and we want to be able to cater to every craving.
Chat with one of our delightful service staff and they will share their Hippo menu wisdom with you.
Our god-like mixologists in the adjoining Cocktail Bar are also on hand to quench your thirst. They know all things tipple. Ask and you will receive.
Insider tip: The wine list is like a book you can’t put down. It’s THAT good.
Enjoy the ambience, peruse the art throughout the hotel and just have a highly enjoyable evening. And don’t forget to indulgently take in the amazing views!
words by emily carstairs
Under the Hood: No Ugly’s Libido Tonic
Why so hush-hush about the ultimate rush? At QT, we believe whispers should be saved…Strong Desire
Valentine’s Day. A day for schmoozing your lover and celebrating love. To make every day…
QT SocialFeeling a little social? Follow QT
- Venues & Events