- Rooms & Apartments
- Venues & Events
Life looks a little different these days, while the world has hit pause on all travel plans. Though you may not be able to come to Wellington, we’re bringing Wellington to you.
While we’re spending more time at home, thanks to the kindness and ingenuity of New Zealand organisations – and our determination to stave off boredom in our bubbles – our houses are transforming into bakeries, theatres, museums and gyms.
At QT Wellington, we consider ourselves lucky to know some pretty impressive friends and neighbours fuelling the rise of isolation entertainment. We’ve put together a list of our favourite alternative activities accessible from the comfort of your own home.
- Watch the Royal New Zealand Ballet Live in your Living Room: Our friends at the Royal New Zealand Ballet are pirouetting into your homes each weekend. They’ve spun together a Live in your Living Room series, so you can enjoy recent performances like 2019’s smashing success, Hansel and Gretel. Next up, you have three chances to watch A Midsummer Night’s Dream over Easter Weekend – so pick up a bottle of bubbles to toast to your Saturday matinee.
- Go behind the scenes at Te Papa Museum: It’s no secret that we’re big fans of our neighbour Te Papa, and their Museum from Home series has us swooning. Their 360-degree tours of vertebrates, Pacific and textile storerooms sneak you in to all the nooks and crannies not usually visible to the public. You can also find some inner peace and piece together one of their online jigsaw puzzles featuring prized items in their collection.
- Piece together Flox online puzzles: Puzzling is having a moment, and we’re here for it. Flox, one of our beloved Gallery Room artists known for her colourful stencil art, has launched an online jigsaw to celebrate her new decal range. If putting pencil to paper sounds more therapeutic, she’s also released colouring-in pages suitable for any age to release their inner creative.
- Bake up a storm: A group of Wellington-owned cafés and restaurants have collaborated on The Pandemic Pack. This pay-what-you-can cookbook helps local businesses keep afloat in a time when they’ve had to shut their doors to adoring fans. The e-book is packed with 41 secret-turned-revealed recipes from 16 eateries around the city, so you can impress your bubble with their favourite brunch.
- Flow on Zoom: Our Wakefield Street neighbour, Hot Yoga Wellington, is encouraging yogis to stay connected during this time. They’ve launched livestream classes on Zoom to stretch and flow with their Wellington community, no matter where they’ve hunkered down. See their timetable for all the opportunities to stay ‘om’.
It’s an uncertain time, that’s for certain, but with kindness, compassion and creative isolation activities we’ll get through it together – maybe even with a new skill or two. We can’t wait to welcome you back to QT Wellington.
Sommelier-approved supermarket wines for every day of the week
Let us help you brighten your isolation bubble with our sommelier-approved supermarket wines and craft…The moving story behind our most-loved mural
Perched on the sparkling harbour and engulfed by ivy vines, QT Wellington’s exterior is a hint at the explosion of colour and texture within. It’s impossible to miss the bright orange mural spanning the corner of the top two floors. You know the one…
QT SocialFeeling a little social? Follow QT
- Venues & Events