- Dining & Retail
- Our Restaurants
- Pascale Bar & Grill
- Hot Sauce Laneway
- Rooftop at QT
- Bar 133
- Room Service by QT
- Venues & Events
Every Christmas table boasts a centrepiece that beckons for seconds and thirds. In Executive Chef Nic Wood’s family, the holiday season is marked by a cherished tradition: succulent glazed ham, adorned with the festive essence of orange and cherry glaze.
A yearly anticipation, Nic now shares this cherished recipe, inviting you to make it your own holiday tradition. Experience the joy of empty plates and the lingering pleasure of leftover ham sandwiches – a true celebration on your table.
Orange + Cherry Glaze
350g Orange Marmalade
100ml Orange Juice
250g Fresh Cherries – Pitted + Sliced
110g Light Brown Sugar
60ml Local Honey
3 Star Anise
3tbs Seeded Mustard
1/2tsp Mixed Spices
- Place all ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once it’s brought to the boil turn down and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Strain through a sieve and discard the solids. Allow to cool
Black Forrest Full Leg Ham – Bone In
Orange + Cherry Glaze
- Preheat oven to 180’c
- Place the ham on a clean work surface, using a small sharp knife through the rind 8cm down the shank. Running your finger under the rind slowly removing the rind from the ham
- Use a small sharp knife to score the fat diagonally 2cm intervals to form a diamond pattern
- Place 1 clove in each of the diamonds
- In a roasting pan place a wire rack and place the ham on the wire rack. Wrap the hank in foil
- Brush the ham with about ¼ of the glaze mixture. Basting the ham every 15minute for 1 ¼ hours or until the ham is caramelised. Allow to cool for 15minute before eating.
Not wanting to lift a finger this holiday season? Leave the cooking to us, and pull up a seat at Pascale Bar & Grill with our Christmas Day Dining. Expertly created by the master himself, enjoy plentiful platters and cheerful chatter with a feast of market fresh seafood, roast turkey with stuffing, spiced duck, and QT rib eye steak. Finish it off with our Christmas gelato with shortbread and meringue, and fruit mince pies. It’s your Christmas Feast all wrapped up.
Artist In Residence: Dwayne Hutton
Say hello to Dwayne Hutton, the newest artist-in-residence at QT Melbourne. A local Melbourne talent,…The Man Behind the Mix: Your Guide to the Ultimate Easter Cocktail
From tableside theatre to bar top bliss, we enlisted the help of QT Melbourne Bar…
QT SocialFeeling a little social? Follow QT