By Niall Roeder…
Walking is cheap, fun, safe and acceptable exercise. Sounds nice… but it is true? In Bondi it sure is. This is a guide to Bondi’s best walks for those who are quite fond of stretching the legs whilst getting a glimpse of Sydney’s stunning coastal beauty.
Bondi Beach Walk (1.3km)
Start off from Biddigal Reserve at Bondi’s north end. There are two beautiful ocean pools and plenty of room to bake on the grassy knoll. From here you start the wander south on either sand or cement, it’s your choice. I opt for the sand, because I like having the spontaneous swim option and I hate wearing shoes. You then follow the water’s edge or the path down the beautiful beach, taking in the surfers carving, lifeguards patrolling and beach bums bronzing. As you approach the south end, feel free to have a sit down in Bondi Park… or if you want to be really civilised, pop into the Bondi Icebergs and treat yourself to a cold beer. You’ve just walked a bit over 1km, so you deserve it.
Bondi To Coogee Walk (6km)
After the Bondi Beach walk you can continue south, hugging the coastline through, beaches, parks, cliffs, bays and rock pools. The Famous Bondi to Coogee walk plods through Tamarama, Bronte, Clovelly beach and surprise, surprise finishes at Coogee beach.
The Bondi to Coogee walk is a breathtaking cliff top walk that hugs the coast for six kilometres. The beaches and parks offer a place to swim, bake or stop for a bite and refreshment. Most beaches offer toilets and change-rooms, and Tamarama, Bronte, Coogee and Maroubra have free electric barbecues. While the walk could be completed in as little as two hours, it is best enjoyed with long breaks by the ocean.
The Beaches In Between
- Bondi to Tamarama (1.2km)
- The Bondi to Tamarama walk hosts the annual Sculpture by the Sea exhibition.
- Tamarama to Bronte (700m)
- The Tamarama to Bronte walk is a relaxed stroll for those who like to take life at a slow pace.
- Bronte to Clovelly (2.2km)
- The Bronte to Clovelly walk features the beautiful Waverley Cemetery (surely must be the world’s best cemetery views) and a cliff top board walk.
- Clovelly to Coogee (1.8km)
- Clovelly to Coogee is a hilly section with great views – get ready to pump those legs!
Picture this… it’s a scorcher, easily a 30-degree day with a high UV. There isn’t…
Wild weather is forecasted to hit the shores of Sydney’s Bondi Beach, with the Bureau…