Following a very successful first year, QT Perth’s Santini Bar & Grill has been awarded Restaurant of the Year at this year’s West Australian Good Food Guide Awards.
After being crowned Best New Restaurant by the 2018 WA Good Food Guide shortly after the hotel opened in August 2018, Santini Bar & Grill has gone from strength to strength. Securing the title of Restaurant of the Year at last night’s awards well and truly cements Santini as a major player in the Perth food scene.
Each year, the West Australian Good Food Guide showcases WA’s finest restaurants, chefs, sommeliers and restaurant managers and this year was no different, with culinary talent bursting at the seams. The awards are a celebration of all that is excellent in the WA dining scene across all areas of cooking, entrepreneurship, wine and service.
QT Perth’s Executive Chef Nic Wood said, “We are so honoured to be recognised by the team at the WA Good Food Guide again this year. Taking out Restaurant of the Year is an amazing achievement amongst the high caliber talent in WA. Santini’s menu has taken shape over the past year and we are proud of the food offering and service that we put forward each and every day. It truly is an entire team effort.”
WAGFG Managing Editor, Rob Broadfield said, “Santini is a truly great restaurant in that it is has it all – great food, great service, an epic wine list, a beautiful dining room and a great customer experience.”
Despite the list of accolades, the food at Santini Bar & Grill really speaks for itself. With a great appreciation and respect for local produce, Nic Wood and QT Hotels & Resorts’ Creative Food Director Rob Marchetti have created a simple Mediterranean style menu which lets locally foraged produce take centre stage.
A strong Italian influence runs throughout the menu and the bustling open kitchen offers a glimpse into a world of wood-fired ovens and freshly made pastas. The Santini team, guided by Restaurant Manager, Caroline Pileggi, runs as well-oiled machine. The restaurant itself has been thoughtfully designed by QT Collaborator and Interior Designer, Nic Graham, to compliment the exciting culinary journey guests experience at Santini and provide a bright and contemporary dining space.
For a full list of the 2019 winners, please see below.
THE WEST AUSTRALIAN GOOD FOOD GUIDE AWARDS 2019 – Award Winners
- Restaurant of the Year presented by Mix 94.5 — Santini Bar & Grill
- Chef of the Year presented by Winning Appliances — Melissa Palinkas (Young George)
- Bar Tender of the Year — Tom Kearney (Panama Social)
- Best Casual Dining presented by AMP Capital — Bunkers Beach House
- Sommelier of the Year presented by San Pellegrino — Alex Rogers (Lulu La Delizia)
- Wine List of the Year presented by McHenry Hohnen Vintners — The Heritage Wine Bar
- Breakthrough Talent of 2019 — Blaze Young (Lions and Tigers)
- Young Chef of the Year presented by Linley Valley Pork — Adam Rees (Madalenas)
- New Restaurant of the Year presented by Tourism Western Australia — La Rebelle
- Best Bar Dining presented by Gage Roads Brewing Company — The Standard
- Best Bar presented by Johnnie Walker — Strange Company
- Regional Chef of the Year presented by Fins Seafood — Seth James (Wills Domain)
- Regional Restaurant of the Year presented by Farmer Jacks — Wills Domain
- Industry Leadership Award presented by getFresh merchants & Market City — Russell Blaikie
- Hospitality Operator of the Year — George Kailis (Canteen Trigg, Island Market, The Shorehouse)
- Excellence in Front of House presented by European Foods — Katie Chan (Long Chim)
- Producer of the Year presented by Buy West East Best — Halls Family Dairy
- 2019 WAGFG Wine of the Year — Corymbia 2017 Tempranillo Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon