- Rooms & Apartments
- Venues & EventsVenues & Events
Hippopotamus Takeaway Wine Cellar
Add a little Ooh la la to your wine stash, for the first time in 13 years Hippopotamus is opening its exclusive cellar door to the public. Sacré bleu!
One of New Zealand’s rarest wine collections is now available for you to peruse for personal pouring. A list carefully procured over the years for QT’s French fine dining restaurant by award-winning head Sommelier and manager, Florent Souche.
Particularly known for its unique range of wines from New Zealand, France and Italy, you can now take home rare back vintages, half bottles, and other selections not commercially available or sold out elsewhere.
Dust off the fancy glassware and toast to at-home elegance with a 15% discount when you order at least three bottles, and a 30% discount when you order at least 6 bottles.
Delight in some of the highlights of the 850-strong Prestige Wine List collection. Florent’s most enticing picks include:
- 1970 Conde de Los Andes ‘Gran Reserve’, a stunning Spanish red
- Te Mata Estate ‘Coleraine’ Cabernet Blend, with vintages from 2002
- Rhone Valley HERMITAGE vintages from Jean-Louis Chave
- Legendary and rare back vintages of Marc Brédif ‘Grande Année’ Chenin Blanc from Vouvray, dating back to 1947
- 2016 and 2017 Craggy Range ‘Les Beaux Cailloux’ Chardonnay, both vintages sold out elsewhere
- A grand selection of Bordeaux with a range of rare vintages, notably the 2001 Château Cheval Blanc
Offer is not available for hotel guests. To order, email us. Next-day contactless pick up and payment is available from QT Wellington reception. Santé!